Drug addiction has the power to make people feel hopeless. It’s a vicious cycle that places a chemical in the driver’s seat. When using drugs, the only time you will ever be happy is when you are high. But once it’s over, your problems are still present–making you feel helpless and less confident about yourself. If you are ready to become sober, the first step is finding a drug detox program in California that meets your needs.
A heroin addiction treatment program in Murrieta, CA, may be what you need to get started on recovery. But the question becomes, how do you find rehab centers in Los Angeles?
How Do You Choose The Right Substance Abuse Treatment Program In California?
There are many rehabilitation programs available to people looking to end their addiction. However, all treatment centers are not the same. Remember that your recovery will rely on your treatment. Therefore, here are a few questions that will help you choose a program that is right for you:
- What are the program goals? How does this program help people navigate recovery? This is a great question because it will let you know how they feel about people and their needs, the goals of the program, and how it sets a person up for success.
- Where is the treatment program located? Your program should be convenient and easy for travel. If you live in northern California, researching rehab centers in Los Angeles might present some challenges. Remember that part of your treatment is learning not to isolate yourself. So you will need family and friends to have access to your location.
- What services are available to residents? Think of your specific needs as a person in recovery. Do you need a facility that is religious-based? Friendly to the LGBTQ+ community? Offering dual diagnosis treatment? These are all important questions to ask as you research spaces.
- What types of care are provided? Do you need residential treatment? Intensive outpatient? A sober living community? Consider the journey you will be on and how much treatment you will need.
- What is the expertise of staff members? Every state has different laws related to residential treatment programs. You have the right to know the licenses the center possesses and the experiences of its staff members.
- How are therapy and medical treatment provided? A medically supervised detox followed by comprehensive therapy often helps people feel confident that they will be able to complete their program.
- What type of alternative therapy is offered? Individual and group therapy are often offered in treatment. However, is training such as art, meditation, dance, music, photography, or yoga therapy available to residents?
- How can you pay? This is a huge question! Some treatment centers accept insurance, while others only accept cash.
- Do you have to share rooms? Are rooms in the facility private or shared? What nutritional guidelines are followed?
- What’s the daily schedule? Every treatment program will have a schedule. Understand the expectations of residents so that you are not surprised.
- What is the duration of the program? Some programs are at least 90 days, while others are longer. Understand the length of time you are expected to stay.
- Is transitional care available? Once you’ve completed your inpatient program, many people do not feel ready to go back out. Instead, they enjoy transitions like an outpatient program or a sober living community.
Get Addiction Support At A Heroin Rehab Program
Becoming sober is never easy. There are challenges that you must face to become sober. Finding a rehab center that fits your needs and lifestyle is key. You need a treatment center that will help you believe that you can accept any challenge and overcome any obstacle if you understand your emotional trigger.